Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shoving Rachelle under the bus.. for what?

OK, the title of this post tells you where I sit today. In comments at Twilight Anonymous two names have come up in the comments: David Slade, director of Eclipse, and Ron Howard, incredibly famous and powerful Hollywood denizen .

My first reaction was that Ron wanted his little girl to get a great big chance in movies by moving that pesky nobody Rachelle out of the way, and placing Bryce in the role of Victoria. I even bet that it wouldn't take money to shove Pinnacle into going along with this: a simple invitation to a soiree at the Howard mansion would do the trick. (I don't have a lot of respect for the Pinnacle crowd, who have stumbled upon a goldmine in the Twilight franchise and don't know what to do with it, including keeping Rob Pattinson safe from NY harpydom).

The case of David Slade is also interesting. As I have mentioned below, by replacing Hardwicke, the Twilight Saga may lose the essence that is so appealing to its core audience: women. It is not quite 'respectable' to appeal to women, my friends. It is so much more cool to pull in the Transformers and Star Trek crowd, ok? David Slade is an action GUY, he will concentrate on the Vampire Wars, and denigrate the tension between Edward and Jacob and Bella (all of which is based on Wuthering Heights, which I am sure is of no interest at all to Pinnacle or Slade, being a 'romantic novel' and all.)

Rachelle has a vivid and energetic presence in Twilight. I don't think Slade or Pinnacle realize that... they think one red head actress is much like another red head actress, I guess.

The good thing is, the books are still here. Thank you, Stephenie Meyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment